“Iarnród Éireann is proud to be supporting Focus Ireland’s work and we hope this campaign will help the charity’s work to support more families to make the journey home.”
As over one million people a week head home on the train from a regular day at work or from shopping, they are making a journey home. This is something which is not possible for everyone across Ireland. Focus Ireland, with the backing of Iarnród Éireann, are committed to changing this shocking reality.
During December, choirs, musicians and volunteers will be in Heuston Station, Connolly Station and Pearse Station to raise funds and awareness. As part of this innovative partnership Iarnród Éireann are also generously providing
- Advertising on DARTs, in train stations across the country with their advertising agency Exterion Media Ireland.
- Advertisements on television screens in Connolly Station, Heuston Station, Pearse Station and Busaras.
- Editorial support through the Go Rail Publication, Iarnród Éireann website and social media.
- Donation opportunities on their website for commuters when purchasing tickets
- Complimentary tickets for families who Focus Ireland have supported through homelessness on the Santa Steam train via Railway Preservation Society of Ireland
- As part of this support, volunteer choirs and bucket collectors will be given the opportunity to be in stations to collect donations and sell branded Focus Ireland wristbands