We are sorry to inform you that the May Camino has been postponed until further notice.
If you are still interested in a trip to the Camino, you can join our trip in October.
Thank you for your continued support of Focus Ireland.
May Camino Walk - Register here
This walking trip explores the Portuguese Way of the Camino de Santiago. The fully-guided trek will cover a total distance of 117.4km.
The journey begins right on the Spanish-Portuguese border in Tui and brings our walkers all the way to the iconic city of Santiago de Compostela. Along the way, you’ll pass through woodlands, villages, farmlands, vineyards and historic towns.
The eight-day trip will include 6 walking days of varying distances and elevation. You will walk approximate 5 to 7 hours each day, but don’t worry, there will be plenty of stops along the way for you to enjoy a break.
Previous experience is not necessary, however, participants must have an average level of fitness and be over the age of 16.
The total cost of your trip is €2,200. This includes a non-refundable deposit of €200 to secure your place.
Half of the remaining €2,000 will cover the cost of your Camino trip and the other half will support individuals, families and youths experiencing homelessness. All donations above this target will be used directly to support Focus Ireland's vital services.
You can create your personalised online fundraising page on iDonate.
- Return flights from Dublin & Santiago de Compostela
- Transfers to and from Santiago Airport
- 15kg bag on flight
- 7 nights’ accommodation in hotels with breakfast and dinner included
- Luggage transfer each day
- Follow The Camino guide on the walking days (there must be 10+ participants for guide) and a Focus Ireland representative
What's not included
- Travel insurance
- An additional €250 payment is required if you would like a single room to yourself
- Day 1 – Flights from Dublin
- Day 2 – 17km from Tui to O Porrino
- Day 3 – 24.3km from O Porrino to Arcade
- Day 4 – 11.6km from Arcade to Pontevedra
- Day 5 – 21.2km from Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis
- Day 6 – 18.6km from Caldas de Reis to Padron
- Day 7 – 24.7km from Padron to Santiago de Compostela
- Day 8 – Flights from Santiago
Register your interest
If you’d like to take part in the May Camino trip, let us know by getting in touch via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01-88159800.