Looking to get your TY class involved in something active and educational, while helping those who need it most? Get involved in our Virtual Camino in 2021.
Walk 114km, fundraise for Focus Ireland and learn all about the Camino.
Get in touch to receive all materials needed to get started! After learning about the Camino, each student will need to put time aside to get out and get walking! Don’t forget to track your walking through google maps, strava or fitbit and log them onto your fundraising page where you will earn stamps for each town you reach and for hitting fundraising goals.
Click HERE to get started!
Due to current travel restrictions and lockdown nationwide, we have started our Virtual Camino to keep schools active while staying safe this January, February and March. The immersive experience includes walking notes from each town so you can indulge in the Camino Culture while walking on Irish soil.
As you log your distance, you will also receive updates about which town you are approaching next, recipes on typical meals along the way, related books, films, podcasts and playlists to keep you in the Camino spirit!
Last but not least, your online fundraising page will give you passport stamps (similar to the actual trip) for each town you reach. Once you have collected all your stamps and reached your fundraising goal, Focus Ireland will post your class a certificate of completion.
What do I need to do?
- Fill in the form below including the name of your school and we will be in touch with materials for your Virtual Camino. Or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Go to https://virtualcamino.focusireland.ie/ and get each student to set up a fundraising page. If you are doing the walking together, one fundraising page for the class is fine but if you are all doing your walking virtually – a page for each student will need to be set up as they will need to log their distance walked.
- Students can ask their friends and family for support by sending them the link to their fundraising page.
- Walk 114km in 5 weeks or less and reach 1 new town per week. (You can choose a time-frame that works best for your class).
- Use our walking notes and Camino Culture tools to learn more about the Camino.
Register Your Interest below!
See our route below:
- Stage 1: 22km Sarria Portomarin
- Stage 2: 25km Portomarin to Palais De Rei
- Stage 3: 29km Palais De Rei to Arzua
- Stage 4: 18km Arzua to Rua
- Stage 5: 20km Rua to Santiago