Start the New Year with a Virtual Camino Walk – Camino De Quarantine
Walk 114km, fundraise for Focus Ireland and learn all about the Camino.
Click HERE to get started!
Virtual Camino Walk: challenge yourself to walk 114km (the last section of The French Way) in 5 weeks or less and fundraise for Focus Ireland.
Due to current travel restrictions and lockdown nationwide, we have started our Virtual Camino to keep you active while staying safe this January and February. The immersive experience includes walking notes from each town so you can indulge in the Camino Culture while walking on Irish soil.
As you log your distance, you will also receive updates about which town you are approaching next, recipes on typical meals along the way, related books, films, podcasts and playlists to keep you in the Camino spirit!
Last but not least, your online fundraising page will give you passport stamps (similar to the actual trip) for each town you reach. Once you have collected all your stamps and reached your fundraising goal, Focus Ireland will post you your certificate of completion.
What do I need to do?
- Go to https://virtualcamino.focusireland.ie/
- Set up a fundraising page and ask your friends and family for support.
- Walk 114km in 5 weeks or less and reach 1 new town per week.
- Use our walking notes and Camino Culture tools to learn more about the Camino.
How Do I Get Involved?
To take part in our Virtual Camino Walk, you can register by creating a page HERE or if you would like more information before registering, fill in the form below:
Register Your Interest today!
The Camino De Quarantine is for anyone looking for a walking challenge, looking to find out more about The Camino or maybe you want to reminisce about a previous trip to The Camino!
See our route below:
- Stage 1: 22km Sarria Portomarin
- Stage 2: 25km Portomarin to Palais De Rei
- Stage 3: 29km Palais De Rei to Arzua
- Stage 4: 18km Arzua to Rua
- Stage 5: 20km Rua to Santiago