Published on: 16th March 2023
Last updated on: 23 August 2023
Statement of commitment
We are committed to maintaining AA standard under WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
focusireland.ie is compliant with WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines.
PDFs: Many documents on the site are published as PDFs.
PDFs are less accessible than HTML pages for people using assistive technologies.
Some of the issues with PDFs include:
- The fact that they are not bookmarked ( WCAG guideline 2.4.5 )
- Tables in PDFs are not defined ( WCAG guideline 1.3.1 )
This content is not an exhaustive list of non-accessible content.
- Donate Now – our donation platform is a third-party platform: we do not have access to make accessibility changes to this platform.
- The Big Busk, Shine A Light and On the Move are seasonal websites operated by third-party suppliers.
- PDF documents that were published before March 2023 are exempt from these guidelines and we are committed to creating more accessible PDFs for future publications.
- Diagrams and graphs in the Knowledge Hub are created using a third-party platform. Due to limitations of that platform, only solid colours can be used. This solution is less accessible than patterns.
How we test the Focus Ireland website
We use the WCAG level AA guidelines to test how accessible focusireland.ie is.
We used the Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) approach to assess the site.
We have completed a recent accessibility audit (March 2023) and have completed work to rectify the main identified issues. We are committed to continue to improve the site.
We will continue to assess our accessibility, in particular, to address any new issues that may occur.
How we are improving accessibility on Focus Ireland’s website
- We are committed to creating more accessible PDFs, video content and graphs on the website.
- We will continue to insist that departments use plain English to describe our services and any information members of the public require access to.
Feedback and contact information
This statement was last updated on 23 August 2023.