There are plenty of ways that you can help support our fundraising events! Every effort you make will raise funds to help make an incredible difference to the lives of people who are homeless in Ireland.
Why not rally your friends and family together to organise your own fundraising event, download a copy of our Community Fundraising Guide which is full of ideas and information to help you.
For further information and discuss how you can show your support contact Elizabeth on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 881 5900
There are a variety of different ways to get involved from one day events, to full time, year-long volunteering on our Community Service Volunteer programme.
Volunteer Form to DownloadApply Now
Complete and return form to:
HR Dept, Focus Ireland, 9-12 High St, Christchurch, Dublin 8
Or email to: email@example.com
Coffee Shop Volunteer – Day-time Service
Location: Coffee Shop, Eustace St, Dublin 2
Reporting to: Project Leader
Duration: 12 months
Time Commitment: One day per week between Monday to Friday, flexible to suit the volunteer, for 5 hours between 11am and 4pm.
Focus Ireland’s Coffee Shop in Eustace Street in Temple Bar is open week days from 10.30am-3.30pm and weekends11.30am – 3.30pm, providing quality, and affordable meals for homeless adults, families and children, in a safe and warm environment. Over 35,000 hot meals were served in 2017.
The Coffee Shop is also an Advice and Information service and our experience indicates that early access to Advice and Information is crucial in preventing homelessness and supporting people out of homelessness. Our Advice & Information offers advice and support around accessing short-term and permanent housing, addiction related issues and accessing health and finance services. We also provide a link to Community Welfare Officers and other services.
The role of the volunteer will involve supporting the Coffee Shop Project Worker staff to attend to our customers who need priority support. It will also involve working on the floor and interacting with customers in the Coffee Shop – creating a welcoming and safe environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Person: The successful candidate would possess the following
Location: Dublin, Sligo, Waterford, Cork, Limerick
Reporting to: School Talks Co-Ordinator, Advocacy Department
Duration: 12 months
Time Commitment: Time commitment will depend on volunteer’s availability and demand for school talks. Adhoc, as and when needed during school hours. Estimated 2 p/w at most
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
Training, Support and Supervision
Location: Malahide, Dublin – Douglas, Cork – Naas, Kildare
Reporting to: Shop Manager
Duration: 12 months
Time Commitment: 4+ flexible to suit volunteer over 7 day rota.
The purpose of the Focus Ireland Retail Service is to raise awareness and fundraise for Focus Ireland services, and to engage with the community through donations and volunteering.
The Shop Assistant will assist the Shop Manager to provide a high quality retail service, and assist with the daily running and operation of the Focus Ireland Shop. They will adhere to the standards of best practice in retail management and will be a professional ambassador for the organisation.
1) To aid and support the Shop Manager and Assistant Manager in the daily running and operation of the Focus Ireland Beloved Shop.
2) To ensure that the shop premises are clean and tidy at all times.
3) To present merchandise in an attractive and presentable manner.
4) To maintain stock generation, thank donors for goods, sort donated goods, clean & steam goods and price items for sale.
5) To assist the Shop Manager and Assistant Manager in the rotation of stock with the charity’s other shops (if required).
6) To act as an ambassador for Focus Ireland services, through communicating information about the services, advocacy campaigns and fundraising initiatives.
7)To assist the Shop Manager and Assistant Manager in ensuring that all administrative and financial procedures are followed including banking, cash register reconciliation, weekly returns and attendance records.
8) To adhere to the agreed policies, procedures and protocols within the shop as directed by the Shop Manager and Assistant Manager.
9) To adhere to the agreed policies, procedures and protocols within the shop as directed by the Shop Manager and Assistant Manager.
10) Work within the framework of the overall objectives of Focus Ireland.
11) To participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with the Shop Manager.
12) To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative.
13) Any other duties which are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the role, as directed by the Shop Manager.
14) To ensure that an excellent standard of customer care is provided to visitors to the shop, thus encouraging people to continue to support the work of Focus Ireland on an ongoing basis.
1) Previous retail experience would be desirable, although not essential.
2) Excellent customer care skills.
3) Reliable and trustworthy.
4) Good numeracy skills, desirable to have some cash handling experience.
5) Commitment to the highest level of service.
6) Respect for others.
7) Good awareness of health and safety.
8) Excellent communication skills.
9) Excellent communication skills.
Full in-house training will be provided.
If you are interested in enquiring about a student/ work placement or Internship with Focus Ireland, please forward a copy of your CV, with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we are at full capacity for Transition Year placements for 2018/2019 and cannot accept any more applications.
Find out more about how to volunteer
Our Beloved Boutiques depend on our volunteers to keep raising money to help people who are homeless or in danger of losing their homes.